Inspiration in Natick

Who knew that the teenagers in the visual arts program at the Walnut Hill School in Natick have such a fabulous art studio and excellent instruction?? Our dearest friends visited this weekend, par usual, as they have two girls in boarding school a mile away at the Walnut Hill School. I was thrilled to attend (big) Leila's first performance in Reckless in the Black Box Theatre and then to tour Amelia's art studio to see painting in progress. I had been talking about the work and process of the fabulous Chuck Close after seeing some fabulous pieces in the theatre lobby the night before.

My friend, their mother, Sarah, insisted that I come see the art studios where kids were working on a similar process. What can I say, I am so inspired!! She also shared some Fashion design work which was as sophisticated as stuff I've seen at RISD!





Comments