Part Two: Painter

Jasper Johns, Artist
(2018 Acrylic on Paper)

My first stop on this adventure: acrylic portraiture.

Building an undergraduate degree in art history, a successful, two-decade professional career in architecture, and a five-year detour into  communications strategy, I am resolved to commit the second half of my career to  making art

I am currently working on a series called Influencers, which is comprised of portraits of people who have influenced my life, both directly or indirectly through their own work. From my immediate family, including both my daughters and my mother, to famous painters and protesters, my subjects are individuals whom have had a formative influence on my psyche. As the project expands, I imagine creating small groups of portraits of subjects from different arenas, probably starting with a small nucleus, i.e. Wellesley Town Meeting, Wellesley Village Church, GSD faculty, family friends, fellow artists, female role models, etc.

While not formally trained as a painter, I am committed to learning my craft before I stray to far off the beaten path. More coursework and study is in my immediate future.

Leila Newman, Daughter
(2018 Acrylic on Paper)

Georgia O'Keefe, Painter 
(2018 Acrylic on Paper)

Mary Thrush, Mother
(2018 Acrylic on Paper)
Alice Neal, Painter
(2018 Acrylic on Paper)
Gloria, Renegade
(2018 Acrylic on Paper, in progress)
Leila in my Scarf, Daughter
(2018 Acrylic on Panel)

Piper and Jim, Daughter and Husband
(2018 Acrylic n Panel, in progress)


Comments